Our Achieve Community
BELONG to and actively participate in the Achieve community and serve to better our neighborhood, city and society
Achieve Language Academy is a free, public charter school locate in St. Paul, Minnesota. We are a community of learners in grades prekindergarten through 8th grade. Achieve is built on the following beliefs:
- Good schools transform communities
- Community is created by shared values and common goals
- All children can learn and achieve
- Education is essential to a fulfilling life
We are grounded in our mission and vision and have established WORK, RESPECT, and BELONG as our core values. Our students represent these values in school when they:
- WORK to achieve rigorous academic goals.
- RESPECT all diverse members of the school community, including fellow students and staff.
- BELONG by embracing the uniqueness of all cultures represented within the school.
Additionally, our students represent these values in their community outside the school when they:
- WORK to apply the skills and knowledge learned through academic growth, language and cultural education, and social development towards the improvement of the broader community.
- RESPECT by supporting and celebrating the diverse cultures and languages of the broader community.
- BELONG by making contributions to the social awareness of the broader community through diversity and inclusion efforts and the sharing of unique personal ideas and opinions.
What makes us unique?
Achieve Language Academy is a prekindergarten to 8th grade school located on the banks of the beautiful Beaver Lake. Surrounded by walking trails and Beaver Lake Park, Achieve is a contemporary school building where students can enjoy inside and outside learning opportunities.
The Achieve campus houses over 450 students, all who have the opportunity to become literate in two languages, English and either Hmong or Spanish. In partnership with students and families, staff create individualized learning plans to help guide students in their growth and build upon successes. Learning at Achieve does not just happen during the school year – we provide an extension to the school year with our summer programming.
Achieve understands that schools are an important part of the greater community and that we all benefit when we serve others in our neighborhood, city and society. Our students are integrated into the greater St. Paul community during Beaver Lake Clean-Up, Feed My Starving Children, Achieve's Culturefest, and Starbase.
Achieve has been a welcoming community for over 25 years, and staff work collaboratively to create a positive and productive child-centered environment. It's fun and caring – the best place to be – which is evident by the longevity of our staff. We invite you to learn more about our staff on our classroom pages.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.